Communication is vital in the age of technology and that is the reason we have so many messaging applications. However, WhatsApp manages to stand out, as it is one of the most popular and complex ones.
Nonetheless, WhatsApp does not support all mobile phones, and it focuses on the more recent ones. When it comes to Nokia, Microsoft purchased the phone business and decided to end the Nokia Asha line in order to focus more on Lumia Windows and other phones.
Despite this fact, WhatsApp was not withdrawn from the Asha phones. The Asha devices that are supported by WhatsApp are the following: 201, 205 Chat Version, 210, 230 One SIM, 230 Two SIM, 300, 302, 303, 305, 306, 308, 309, 310, 311, 500, 501, 502, 503.
How do to download and install WhatsApp on your Nokia Asha phones
If you want to get the messaging app WhatsApp and you own a Nokia Asha device, here is what you have to do in order to get the application on your phone:
- First of all, make sure that your device still has WhatsApp support. If you are not sure about that, take a look at the list we included above. If you are sure that your phone is supported we can move on.
- Go to your phone’s Main screen and then select the Internet Browser of your device and open it.
- You will need to go to this link http://www.whatsapp.com/s40. This is what you need to use in order to download the app. The link will work only if your Asha phone is supported.
- After you opened this link, select download now. Follow the instructions on screen until you have installed the app.
- Now you have WhatsApp on your Asha device. Make sure to keep it updated.
Henry Lares is still early into his career as tech reporter but has already had his work published in many major publications including Tech Crunch and the Huffington Post. In regards to academics, Henry earned an engineering degree from Apex Technical School. Henry has a passion for emerging technology and covers upcoming products and breakthroughs in science and tech.