Jailbreaking an iPhone comes with lots of benefits, but the process of jailbreaking iOS is risky. Therefore, today we are going to provide iPhone owners with a step-by-step guide that will help them jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 using Electra. Before we get into it, we need to advise readers that this jailbreak is a semi-untethered solution which implies that the designated device will need to be re-jailbroken every time it is turned off and on.
What You Need
Readers who are looking to jailbreak their iOS 11.1.2 with Electra need to make sure that they have an Apple 64-bit device that runs on iOS 11 or better. Furthermore, readers need to have the Cydia Impactor tool, the latest version of iTunes and a PC or Mac. Now, the last thing that readers are required to acquire before jailbreaking iOS 11.1.2 with Electra is a develop ID and the latest Electra 1.0.x final IPA.
Jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 with Electra
- Connect the device to a PC or Mac via cable;
- Backup the device on the PC or Mac;
- Launch the Cydia Impactor tool;
- Drag and drop the Electra 1.0.x final IPA final into the Cydia Impactor window;
- Enter the developer ID credentials;
- Add the required Apple ID and password;
- After the credentials are accepted, Cydia Impactor will start sideloading the Electra IPA;
- Wait for the Electra IPA to be installed;
- After the Electra IPA is installed, head over to “Settings – General – Profiles – Device Management” and select the profile that was installed with the Electra app;
- Now select the “trust” option and go back to the Electra app and start it by tapping on the icon;
- Electra will appear on the display and readers need to tap on the “Jailbreak” option in the middle of the screen;
- The jailbreak process will commence, and readers need to wait;
- If a prompt with the “APPFS Screenshot Created” message appears, the only thing that readers need to do is to tap on “Continue Jailbreak”
- All that’s left now is to wait for the jailbreak process to be finished.