Today we are going to present readers with a step-by-step guide on how they can downgrade from iOS 11.4.1 to iOS 11.4 Beta so that they can use the latest Electra jailbreak on iPhone 7, iPhone 8 and iPhone X. Before we get into that, we need to mention that Apple is now signing iOS 11.4 Beta 1, Beta 2 and Beta 3. Therefore, iOS fans can upgrade and downgrade to those software versions without any problems.
On the downside of things, Apple is only signing iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the latest iPhone X for iOS 11.4 Beta 1, Beta 2 and Beta 3. Therefore, iPad owners who were hoping to use the Electra jailbreak will not be able to use the upcoming guide. Let’s hope that the folks at Electra will launch a special jailbreak tool for iPads during the upcoming future, or for Apple to start signing iPads to iOS 11.4 Beta 1, Beta 2 and Beta 3.
Downgrading to iOS 11.4 Beta 3
The first thing iOS fans are required to do before downgrading their software version is to download the necessary firmware file which can be found on Apple’s beta program website. With that being said, here are the steps to downgrading an iPhone operating system.
- Connect the designated iPhone to a PC via the Lighting cable;
- iTunes should activate automatically, but if doesn’t, simply launch it manually;
- Hold down the Shift key on Windows or the Option key for Mac and select the “Restore iPhone” option;
- Choose the firmware which has been recently downloaded;
- iTunes will start extracting the firmware and restoring the iPhone;
- Wait for the firmware extracting process to finish;
- All that’s left now is to install the Electra jailbreak.
I’m Francis E. Hagopian, and I’m the voice and vision behind Billionaire365.com. For the last 15 years, I’ve lived and breathed Silicon Valley culture, arming myself with insights and know-how that I can’t wait to share with you. Think of me as your personal guide in the intricate maze of technology. I specialize in translating the complex into the understandable, so you can turn knowledge into power. This isn’t just about staying in the loop; it’s about giving you the tools you need to excel in a digital age. When you’re looking for reliable tech insights, know that I’ve got your back.