The IFA 2018 has just started, and the first news already emerged. The new HTC U12 Life is now official, so we know everything about this device. With this new model, the Taiwanese company is renewing its Life range, which is generally dedicated to the mid-range clientele. This HTC U12 Life should help the firm gain some momentum.
HTC U12 Life is a phone that meets the specifications of the mid-range smartphones almost perfectly. HTC added two cameras on the phone’s backside, like many other producers, but gave up to adding a notch on display, which I’m sure many will find it as an advantage.
The rumors regarding the new HTC phone’s technical specs seems correct.
HTC U12 Life technical specs
- 6-inch LCD with 18:9 ratio;
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 eight-core processor;
- 4 GB RAM;
- 64 GB / 128 GB of internal storage, expandable with microSD up to 256 GB;
- Dual camera system of 16+5 MP with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash, portrait mode, and 4K video;
- 13-MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture and beauty mode;
- 3,600 mAh battery;
- Android 8.1 Oreo with HTC Sense;
- Bluetooth 5.0, 4G/LTE, Dual SIM, Bluetooth 5, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, USB-C;
- Rear fingerprint sensor, 3.5 mm jack plug;
HTC U12 Life to be the ideal mid-range smartphone
The brand did not want to take any risks with the design of the front of this HTC U12 Life. But where we can see some changes is in the back, which seems to have been inspired by the design of the Google Pixel. In terms of specifications, we can see that it meets what the public would expect of a mid-range smartphone.
The HTC U12 Life feature that stands out and promises a lot is the dual camera system on the back. In addition, it has a relatively large battery, which should give it sufficient autonomy.
No mention has been made of the presence of the Quick Charge in this model. An opportunity that they have missed, but which should not affect the final decision of some of some of the company’s fans.