Galaxy J4 Core is the enhanced version of Samsung’s first smartphone with Android Go, Google’s lightweight mobile operating system optimized to work with entry-level smartphones that want to run Android. Not all users need the high end offered by Galaxy S or Note series and the innovations brought by the upcoming folding smartphone Samsung announced recently, and which would cost around $2,000.
Galaxy J4 Core will offer the advantages of the Android Go platform, including improved boot time, optimized storage space, reduced data consumption, and a group of apps optimized under the brand of “Google Go” from Google’s primary partner in Android.
The handset has improved many aspects of the original device, the J2 Core, starting with a significant increase in screen size and resolution. Internal storage has doubled as well as support for microSD cards, while the battery is much more potent than in the previous J Core device. Samsung has also said that Galaxy J4 Core would boast a quad-core chipset but has not confirmed the model.
Samsung Galaxy J4 Core Specifications
- Display – 6-inch screen with Corning Gorilla Glass and a resolution of 1480 by 720 in an 18.5: 9 aspect ratio;
- Chipset – Samsung Exynos 7570 (?) with 4 Cortex-A53 cores at 1.4 GHz, probably;
- GPU – Mali-T720 (?)
- 1 GB of RAM;
- 16 GB internal storage, expandable via microSD cards to up to 512 GB;
- Cameras – An 8-MP main camera with, autofocus, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, HDR, 1080p@30fps video and one selfies camera of 5 MP and f/2.2 aperture;
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.2, micro USB 2, Single and Dual SIM;
- Dimensions – 160.6 x 76.1 x 7.9mm;
- Weight – 177 grams;
- Battery: 3,300 mAh;
- Operating System – Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition);
At the moment Samsung did not reveal anything regarding the price of the Samsung Galaxy J4 Core device, but we should expect a budget handset ranging around $100-$150. For those Galaxy J4 Core specs, such a lowe price would be more than affordable.