With more than 1.5 billion active users WhatsApp is without a doubt the most popular messaging app in the world. A continuous stream of high-quality updates brought new features which made the app a favorite among smartphone users. The fact that it is also available across a variety of platforms, which include iOS and Android smartphones and tablets and the PC platform is a great plus.
The app does offer a variety of interesting features by there are some users who want extra stuff which isn’t available in the default version of the app. Inventive individuals have managed to take the app and modify it, adding several improvements which make it even better to use and without compromising the default security layer.
One of the most popular mods is WhatsApp Gold, but there are also other mods among which we can count WhatsApp Plus, OGWhatsApp, and YOWhatsApp. WhatsApp Gold will work side-by-side with the original WhatsApp app so you can use two different accounts at the same time.
Below you can find some of the features provided by WhatsApp Gold.
- Users can easily hide their online status;
- It is easy to remove the blue ticks or the second tick;
- The writing and recording statues can be set to invisible, so no one will know what you are doing;
- The Anti Revoke feature will block the ability of the sender to use remove messages;
- A handy schedule feature allows you to plan several messages will which be sent automatically;
- Several background screens are available, and you can choose the one which works the best for you;
- A nifty security option allows users to block access to the entire app or select conversations;
- If you forward messages a forward tag will not appear.
Installing the app
Before you attempt to install the app go to Settings/Security and look for the Unknown sources option. Enable the option to continue.
- Download the APK file from a reliable source.
- Open your file manager and look for the APK.
- Tap on the APK and confirm the installation.
- After the task is finished enter your phone number and confirm the OTP. You are good to go!
Henry Lares is still early into his career as tech reporter but has already had his work published in many major publications including Tech Crunch and the Huffington Post. In regards to academics, Henry earned an engineering degree from Apex Technical School. Henry has a passion for emerging technology and covers upcoming products and breakthroughs in science and tech.