WhatsApp may be the most popular messaging app in the world, but some question the amount of privacy offered by the service, especially if we are looking at the recent issues faced by Facebook. There are excellent alternatives, and Telegram is has been growing fast in the last years. Read below to learn more about the app and its features. Now, Telegram 5.6.2 rolled out with some bug fixes and improvements.
- Speedy – A unique protocol backed by several data centers makes Telegram the fastest messaging service in the world.
- Unified – Users can access their messages from any device and at the same time. If you start to write a message on your smartphone, you can finish it on your laptop and send it without trouble.
- No space limitation – Send any files, regardless of the type or size. The chat history will be backed for your convenience without the need to consume valuable storage space on your device.
- Safe and protected – The app was developed to provide the most significant level of security to its users. The entire data content of the app, including chats, groups, media files, and other, are encrypted by using a high-performance and high-security 256-bit AES encryption and 2048- RSA encryption. The service is made even more secure by the use of Diffie-Hellman key exchange. The level of encryption is on par with the one used by the military, and users can rest assured that no one will be able to access their data.
- Optimized for social interaction – Groups with up to 200,000 members can be created. Sharing large files is secure, and tech-savvy users have the option to automate some tasks by using bots.
- Works everywhere – By using a very efficient data transmission protocol, Telegram will work even in areas with lousy signal coverage.
What’s new in Telegram 5.6.2?
The latest update, 5.6, comes with a selection of new features. Swiping left will allow you to archive any chat while swapping right on an archive will allow users to hide it quickly. An unlimited number of conversations can be pinned in an archive, and users will have the option to manage, delete, or archive them at any time. The logo and in-app menus have been redesigned, and the app looks better than ever.
According to the Telegram 5.6.2 official release notes, the following new features have been introduced:
- Swipe left on any chat to archive it.
- Swipe left on your archive to hide it from the chat list.
- Pin an unlimited number of chats in your archive.
- See who is online straight from the chat list and sharing menu.
- Select multiple chats in the chats list to delete, pin or archive them.
- Choose between two-line and three-line chats in the chat list.
- Enjoy the redesigned app icon and menus throughout the app.
- Use the quick ‘Forward’ buttons when selecting messages.