Having problems with your PC’s running speed? You can now optimize and make it run faster. In this tutorial, we’ll be showing you exclusive workaround on how to speed up Windows 7 PC.
Most Windows users still run on Windows 7, which is basically due to its relative ease of use. However, it is prone to various degrees of speed-reducing errors/issues.
To resolve this, we’ll be showing you simple guides on how to improve the running speed of Windows 7 PCs.
How to Speed Up Windows 7 PC
With issues like limited disk space (leading to congestion), multiple startup programs, and/or disk fragmentation among others, you are bound to experience system lag (reduced running speed) on your PC.
To resolve this and speed up your computer, you can employ one, some or all of the methods outlined herein.
Method 1: Troubleshoot performance
Windows hosts an inbuilt performance troubleshooter, which is designed to identify and fix problems or bugs associated with reduced system performance.
To run the performance troubleshooter on Windows 7, follow the guidelines below:
- Open Start menu: click on the ‘Windows’ icon on your screen.
- Select Control Panel.
- Key in “troubleshooter” in the search panel and press Enter.
- Select Troubleshooting from the displayed search results.
- Navigate to the System and Security section and select Check for performance issues.
- Follow the prompt commands to finish up the process.
This action will reveal & fix any bug or system/security issue causing the system lag.
Method 2: Hard disk defragmentation & cleanup
Many times, hard disk fragmention puts too much pressure on your system and consequently makes it run slower. If unaddressed, this could lead to eventual system crash.
To fix this issue, simply defragment (separate into fragments) your PC’s hard disk, using a disk defragmenter to reorganize fragmented files. You can also defragment your hard disk manually.
Also, in the event that your disk space becomes choked up, you can easily clean up your hard disk to create more space. This would significantly improve your PC’s performance and running speed.
Method 3: Other Methods
Other methods to try in speeding up Windows 7 PC include:
- Restarting PC
- Scanning and clearing up malwares/spywares/ransomware
- Limiting startup programs
- Disabling virtual display
- Resetting/reducing virtual memory
- Removing big-sized redundant programs and files
- And more.