Does your favourite iOS app crash frequently on your iPhone or iPad device? We will show you how to resolve this issue.
Several iOS users reported that their favourite apps such as Skype, Safari, Kindle, Facebook, Viber, or any other app crashes unexpectedly after launch or freezes their devices.
In order to resolve this issue, we will share with you the best troubleshooting methods to fix iOS apps crashing.
How to resolve iOS Apps crashing frequently
Method 1: Reboot the Device
The easiest way to resolve the iOS app crashing problem is to reboot the device whenever the problem occur. You can easily force-reboot your iOS device by holding down the Power and Home button until the Apple logo displays. Afterwards, you should be able to relaunch the problematic app without issues.
Method 2: Update the App
Outdated iOS apps can result in the crashing problem thereby causing your device to freeze. Moreover, app developers frequently identify bugs on their apps and then release an update to the app to resolve the glitches. Therefore, you should update the problematic app on your App Store.
Here’s how to do this:
- Launch the App Store and navigate to the “Updates” menu
- Install the updates for the problematic app
- Afterwards, launch the updated app
Method 3: Re-Install the problematic app
Reinstalling the problematic app can resolve the iOS app crashing problem. This process requires uninstalling/deleting the particular app and then re-install the app afterwards.
Follow these steps to re-install the problematic app:
- On the iOS Home Screen, tap and hold on the app icon
- Now, Tap the (X) icon when it appears, and then confirm to delete the app
- After deleting the app, launch the App Store, and then search for the particular app to re-download
Method 4: Update your iOS device
Frequent iOS updates by Apple Inc. ensure that your devices are stable and devoid of bugs. Moreover, some if the latest patches can fix any app-related issues most especially the iOS apps crashing problem. Hence, it is highly recommended that you update your iOS device to the latest version.
Here is how to update your iOS device:
- Back up your iPhone (or iPad) data to either iTunes or iCloud or iTunes
- Launch “Settings” > “General” > and then go to “Software Update”
- Select “Download & Install” and then wait for the iOS updating process to be complete
After the iOS update process, you can then advance to relaunch the app in question.
Note: Please ensure that you backup your iPhone data before you proceed.
Hope you were able to resolve the iOS apps crashing problem on your device? Feel free to share your experience with us by commenting below.