WhatsApp keeps crashing on your iPhone 8 Plus? Here is a guide to help you fix it.
The issue of app crashing is not restricted to iPhone; it can occur on any device. Basically, when an app (like WhatsApp) crashes, a number factors, ranging from configuration or memory issues to virus attack to faulty or incomplete installation, could be in play.
In any case, to fix this error, you can try the fixes herein.
Fix: WhatsApp Keeps Crashing on iPhone 8 Plus
Method 1: Force-close Application
Force-closing WhatsApp would clear the app’s temporary cache/data, which may be causing the crash.
To force-close WhatsApp:
- Double-tap on the ‘Home’ button to bring up “recently used apps”
- Locate WhatsApp and swipe up to clear it or simply clear all the recently used apps.
- Go to WhatsApp location and relaunch it.
Check if the error is fixed.
Method 2: Hard Reboot Device
If the first method could not fix the error, it’s possible that the problem is from your phone and not the app. Hence, you can try restarting your device, provided your phone’s not frozen. If it is, you’d have to go for the hard reboot option.
To do this:
- press the volume (+) button;
- press the volume (-) button;
- press down the power button until device powers off;
- restart device; and
- relaunch WhatsApp and see if the error is fixed.
If this doesn’t work, try the next fix.
Method 3: Install Updates or Reinstall WhatsApp
You can try and install updates on your WhatsApp (if there are available ones). To do this, simply navigate to App Store, check for available WhatsApp update(s) and update as appropriate.
If the problem persists, you can uninstall and reinstall the app from App Store. This should fix the crashing error.
Method 4: Reset Device
At times, the crashing error is caused by issues with your phone’s configuration, in which case, you can try resetting it.
To do this:
- Go to Settings > General;
- Select Reset > Reset all settings; and
- Follow prompt commands to finish the process.
This should fix the error.
In the event of a virus attack or corruption, you may have to employ a third-party antivirus program, to scan and clear the viruses or malwares.