Currently, the most advanced iOS jailbreak is the one for iOS 12 – 12.1.2; none is currently available for iOS 12.2 to 12.3. Therefore, this tutorial will show you how to jailbreak iOS 12 – 12.1.2.
Although iOS 12 hosts an interesting set of features, it can’t execute functions like “installation of iFIle” and “customization of Messages among others”, which are only supported on jailbroken iOS devices.
To Jailbreak your iOS 12 – 12.3 device, follow the guides herein.
How to Jailbreak iOS 12 – 12.3
iOS 12.3, which was released two weeks back, on May 13, is the latest and most advanced version of Apple’s iOS. However, there is currently no jailbreak for this version, and there probably won’t be any, as iOS 13 Beta launches later this year (in June). Therefore, we’ll be showing you the next best thing – the jailbreak for iOS 12 – 12.1.2.
Two basic methods are commonly employed here. They include:
Method 1: Using Chinera
If your device is running on the A12 chipset (iPhone XR/XS/XS Max), Chinera is the ideal tool for you.
To jailbreak your iPhone using Chinera, follow the guidelines below:
- Navigate to fun on your device.
- Search for ‘Chinera’ and install it.
- Navigate to Device Management under Settings.
- Locate “Electra” (Chinera’s developer), tap on it and enable the “trust the certificate” option.
- Launch Chinera.
- Find the “Jailbreak” icon and tap on it.
- Wait for the jailbreak to run (it might take some time).
- Restart device once the process is complete.
Your iPhone/iPad should now be jailbroken; you can now enjoy the exclusive tweaks it offers.
Method 2: Using Unc0ver
This is best suited for jailbreaking iPhones and iPads running on A7 – A12. This basically covers all iOS devices from iPhone 5S to iPhone X.
To jailbreak your iOS device using Unc0ver, follow the steps below:
- Go to fun; search for and install Unc0ver.
- Go to Device Management and “trust the certificate” for Unc0ver’s developer.
- Launch Unc0ver and tap on the “jailbreak” icon.
- If you encounter any glitch, reboot device and restart the process.
- Allow the jailbreak to finish.
- Restart device.
Note: Before running a jailbreak, remove all iOS 12 OTA files from your device, and back up all essential files to iCloud or iTunes.