WhatsApp not working on your iPhone? This guide will show you how to fix it.
If/when WhatsApp stops working on your device, a number of things could actually be happening; it could be a connection error or a crashing issue. Hence, fixing the “WhatsApp not working on iPhone” error would depend on what is actually happening.
In any case, some of the solutions herein have been tailored to tackle and resolve the various issues associated with “WhatsApp not working on iPhone”.
Fix WhatsApp Not Working on iPhone
Is WhatsApp crashing/freezing on your iPhone? Can’t connect to WhatsApp? Contacts not showing up? The fixes below will show a way around each of these issues.
Solution 1: Fix Connection Issue
If your WhatsApp is not working, the most probable cause is a connection error, in which case, you are unable to connect to WhatsApp.
To fix this, you can troubleshoot your iPhone’s internet connection via the following methods:
- Enable and disable Airplane mode.
- Reboot device.
- Switch to a different Wi-Fi or mobile network.
- If you’re on a Wi-Fi network, disable and re-enable Wi-Fi
- Disable VPN if you have one running.
- Reset network (in Settings).
One of the methods above should resolve the issue. If it persists, you can update your iPhone and/or reinstall WhatsApp.
Solution 2: Fix Crashing Issue
If WhatsApp crashes on your iPhone, a number of factors could be causing it, ranging from cluttered memory to bug or glitch to corruption or malware attack.
Nevertheless, you can try some of the solutions below to resolve the crashing issue:
- Force-close and reopen WhatsApp
- Restart iPhone
- Update WhatsApp from App Store
- Free up memory
- Disable WhatsApp auto-backup (to iCloud)
- Uninstall & reinstall WhatsApp
If properly applied, one of the fixes above would resolve the issue, unless there is some form of corruption or malware attack on your iPhone. In this case, you’d have to install an anti-malware program to scan and fix it.
Solution 3: Fix Contact Display Issue
At times, you may encounter an issue, whereby your phone book’s contacts are not displayed on WhatsApp.
To resolve this:
- open WhatsApp.
- tap on the ‘new chat’ button > the ‘menu’ icon
- select Settings and then Contacts
- Check the Show all contacts box
- refresh contact list on WhatsApp.
Hope you were able to resolve the Whatsapp not working on iPhone problem? Drop us a comment below.