Are you experiencing the insufficient storage space error problem on your iPhone? Here’s how to resolve this issue.
How to fix insufficient storage space error problem on iPhone
Solution 1: Remove unwanted apps and/or media files
Removing of unused apps and clearing of unnecessary media files, this can help you free up some storage space in your phone. If you’d like to try this method, there are some steps to follow in achieving this:
- Go to “settings” > “General” > “Storage and icloud usage” > “manage storage”
- Review your current app list to identify apps taking too much storage space.
- Click on each app to see the ”delete app” option and delete unused apps along with their system files.
- For built-in apps, you can’t uninstall them but you can clear off their data.
Alternatively, you can delete media files by navigating to your file manager and then check for the media files to delete. Always remember to back up important data and files to iTunes or iCloud before deleting them.
Solution 2: Deleting messages and safari caches
Message conversations on your iMessage app and caches from Safari data can cause the insufficient storage space error problem on iPhone, most especially when the iMessage have attachments.
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to iMessage app.
- Tap on “edit” on the upper left corner of the screen.
- You will see a row of message conversations with a radio-button enabled for each of them, tap on the radio-button or the message to select.
- After selecting, tap on the ”delete” option on the lower left corner of the screen.
- Confirm deletion and start deleting the messages.
Follow these steps to clear Safari caches:
- Go to settings and locate the Safari application
- Navigate to “Clear All History and Website Data” to start deleting the browser related data such as caches, browsing history, form inputs and others.
- You can delete a specific browser data by going to the “advance” option and tap on “Website Data”
Note: There are third-party applications to help with this but you can also do this manually on your iPhone.
Solution 3: Turn off iCloud auto-sync
Uploaded files on your iCloud tend to save data on your phone if the auto-sync is on. Turning off the “auto-sync” button for some specific apps like iTunes, iCloud, photo library and others will stop the addition of data to your phone from these apps.
Hope you were able to resolve the insufficient storage space error problem on your iPhone?