Many iPhone users reported that their iPhone keeps turning on and off. When this problem occurs, you are most likely to lose unsaved data like missed calls. Besides, this phenomenon also interrupts what you are doing at that moment. Hence, we will show you how to resolve this problem in this post.
Why does my iPhone keeps turning on and off?
Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why your iPhone keeps turning on and off.
- Faulty Battery Indicator – This is a situation whereby your battery indicates that it is on 0% even if it is full at 100%.
- Software incompatibility – In this case, either the software is corrupted or incompatible with other services.
- Sluggish Application – An unwanted rebooting can be caused by inactive applications.
Fixing of an iPhone with rebooting problem
Solution 1: Force Restart
Force-restarting your iPhone is a basic solution applicable in solving the iPhone turning on and off problem.
To do this:
- Press and hold both the power and volume button for at least 5 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 2: Reset All Settings
If your iPhone keeps turning on and off, you just might need to reset all settings. Let’s look at some quick steps to do this:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset and Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Your passcode will be requested. After putting it down, click on the erase button.
- Confirm with your Apple ID and password to wipe everything on your phone. It will return to its default state.
Solution 3: Update All Applications
Applications with older versions can cause your phone to keep restarting due to too many bugs. Always update your apps; besides, latest app versions are devoid of problems. This helps your iPhone to perform better.
Solution 4: Replace your iPhone battery
This might be due to hardware issues like bad battery or IC. In order to replace your iPhone battery, it is advisable to contact your local Apple store (if you have an existing warranty). Alternatively, you can replace your iPhone battery by purchasing on Amazon.
Solution 5: Restore Factory Settings with iTunes
You can easily restore your iPhone to factory settings from the Settings menu. However, you can do this with iTunes. Simply follow these steps:
- Connect iOS device to your PC and go to iTunes
- Follow the procedures given and your device will enter Recovery Mode.
- An option to restore factory settings will be displayed. Click restore, iTunes will download the software to fix your phone.
Hope you find this helpful?