AI tools are everywhere nowadays, and the technology has slowly but surely become a lot more sophisticated than just being able to control a few NPCs in video games. With the help of AI, many of our jobs can be replaced in the near future, and we’re not even thinking only about the highly controversial ChatGPT, the software created by OpenAI and launched back in November 2022.
Midjourney is another powerful AI tool to consider, as a lot of website owners and content creators are using it already. The software is different from AI chatbots such as ChatGPT or Google’s Bard, as its focus is on generating AI images based on the prompts the user throws at it. In other words, Midjourney can put your thoughts ‘on paper,’ but only if you use prompts in an efficient way.
Let’s put it this way: AI tools aren’t advanced enough to know exactly what we want them to do unless we are as specific as possible. They can’t read minds as far as we know, and they certainly aren’t as ‘intelligent’ as we like to believe. They don’t have desires or feelings but will only react to what the user wants and how he formulates it. It’s the same with both AI chatbots and AI image generators.
Therefore, let’s learn how to use prompts as efficiently as possible to get Midjourney to help us the best we can, shall we?
What prompts are the best to use for Midjourney
Feel free to play around with the following prompts and observe the results. They may leave you speechless!
- A as B: You can create new creatures and objects if you use this simple prompt.
- Paper art: It is also possible to get artistic paper art from simple but unique creativity if you take advantage of this prompt.
- (Subject) out of (material): Did you know that Midjourney is capable of producing unique and new characters, objects, architectures, and more? You can imagine a unique landscape, such as a fountain that comes from the sky. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t make any sense. Who cares?
- Surrealism: The depths of the human mind, no matter how weird they might be, are described through surrealism. We’re talking about an art that was popular back in the 20th century. Midjourney won’t say no to such kind of prompts. For instance, try to image the Eiffel Tower flying across the sky like a rocket, and don’t hesitate to tell Midjourney to generate it.
- Be specific: Just in the same way your potential life partner won’t know your exact intentions unless you speak them, the same is available in the case of AI tools, and Midjourney is no exception. Therefore, you need to be as specific as possible in your prompts so that the AI image-generating tool will “know” what you want from it.
When Miidjourney launched last year, it was free to use for anyone who wanted to generate up to 25 images. That’s not the case anymore, as the devs will charge you if you use their AI tool. There are four monthly plans that Midjourney offers. The most expensive is $120, while the cheapest one is $10. There are also other middle subscription options that cost 30 and 60 bucks per month. Surely, it’s worth spending some money in case you have a website, for instance, and you want to frequently customize it with AI-generated images.
Midjourney Inc. is the independent research lab responsible for creating the Midjournney program, and the company has its HQ in San Francisco. The software started its open beta in July 2022, which means that we can still expect a lot of improvements to be on their way.
I’m Francis E. Hagopian, and I’m the voice and vision behind Billionaire365.com. For the last 15 years, I’ve lived and breathed Silicon Valley culture, arming myself with insights and know-how that I can’t wait to share with you. Think of me as your personal guide in the intricate maze of technology. I specialize in translating the complex into the understandable, so you can turn knowledge into power. This isn’t just about staying in the loop; it’s about giving you the tools you need to excel in a digital age. When you’re looking for reliable tech insights, know that I’ve got your back.