Are you tired of not being able to keep up with your friends’ scores on Subway Surfers? Or finding it difficult getting past a point in the game? Well, now you can easily turn the table around and start playing Subway Surfers like a pro as you follow our tips below.
Tips on how to play Subway Surfers
- Swipe down to roll: When running towards a hurdle that’s a lot taller than you, you’ll need to roll so as get past the hurdle. Gently swipe your character down as it approaches the hurdle, and it’ll automatically roll below the bar to get past it.
- Swipe up to jump: To jump past a hurdle or onto the next train, swipe up, and it’ll automatically jump over the hurdle. Swipe up gives a vertical frontal jump. To switch to a train on a different lane, swipe up and then left or right depending on the direction you wish to move onto.
- Double tap for hoverboard: To put on a hoverboard, simply double tap the screen once the game starts.
- Get coins by moving into the lanes with coins. The coins will be added as you come in contact with them. Also, you can collect the Magnetizer. This booster is shaped like a magnet, and once you collect it, it attracts coins towards you even when you’re in a different lane.
- Collect boosters, jetpacks, mystery boxes, keys and other freebies
When running through the lanes, you’ll come across many gifts which most often will be necessary for your mission. Some of these include:
- Jet pack: The jetpack will take you up in the air to collect coins without any obstacle.
- Super sneakers: this helps you jump higher.
- 2x multiplier: doubles your current score.
How to survive a run
- Use hoverboards frequently: hoverboards help you avoid a crash, as such, when the race becomes pretty tough, you might want to start using them frequently to give you extra chances after a crash.
- Time your movements: you should always give ample time for your character to dodge an oncoming train or obstacle. Always swipe when an obstacle is still a little far away from your character.
- Switch lanes while in mid-air: you can switch lanes at any time. Most times you might want to do this while in mid-air, especially when the landing space is quite tight.
In conclusion, Subway Surfers is quite a challenging game; however with just a little practice, you can start playing like a pro. All you need is to follow the above tips on how to play Subway Surfers.
Daniel Segun is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience. He loves to teach and inspire others. When he is not writing, he’s probably busy developing websites. You can reach him here.